- Mountains are the beginning and the end of all natural scenery. --- John Ruskin. Surrounded by beautiful lakes and with 10 of Maine's highest peaks[read more]Text Benjamin Moore. You may be surprised when I say Winter is my favorite time of the year. It's the season of warm layers, bountifully beautiful [read more]
The Great Maine Outdoor Weekend is a series of events led by outdoor oriented organizations to celebrate the how, where, and what of being active outside in Maine.
- Connect with friends, neighbors, and nature
- Have fun while being active and healthy
- Partake in free and intro-level activities
- Hike, paddle, bike, sightsee, and more
When: Feb. 12-14
Where: Activities will occur across the entire State of Maine, in all counties.
FMI & to find events near you: greatmaineoutdoorweekend.org
Not a V-Day event this Sunday, Feb. 14th at Banded Horn Brewing Co!
Not into Valentine’s day?
That’s cool with these folks. They’re having 2-for-1 self pricing on beers and, get this, sharing is not encouraged. Check out their event page here.
What’s happening in the next two weeks…
FESTIVALS AND EVENTS
DATE NAME OF EVENT (click for details) LOCATION 2/12-14 The Great Maine Outdoor Weekend Statewide 2/13 Run of the Mill Winter Carnival Ice Bar! Saco 2/13 Community Free XC Ski Day Waterville 2/13 Rangeley WINTERPALOOZA! Rangeley 2/13-14 Moosehead Snowfest and Chocolate Festival Moosehead 2/14 Valentine's XC Ski Date Bethel 2/20-21 Farmington Frolic - Sled Dog Championship Farmington 2/20 & 2/27 Ski Clinics, Roberts Farm Preserve Oxford Hills 2/27-28 Viles Arboretum Sled Dog Challenge Augusta 2/27 Full Moon Hike & Crime Scene at Mount Abram Greenwood
DATE NAME OF EVENT (click for details) LOCATION 2/13 Narrow Gauge Frozen 5K Carrabassett Valley 2/13 Flying Moose Classic XC Ski Race Bethel
- Well, our backyards may be void of snow, but the backyard skating is just PERFECT right now! Enjoy our photos of one the best Maine winter activities:[read more]One of life's great adventures awaits you. Consider gliding through the northwoods behind a team of sled dogs. Tuck yourself into a warm sled and enjo[read more]
- Baxter State Park: A Blend of Beauty and History for the Next Generation By Cathy Genthner New England naturalist and author Henry David Tho[read more]When it comes to mountains, Vermont has the Greens, New Hampshire has the Whites, and Maine has the Blues. The Blues, better known as the Longfellow[read more]
Located at 106 Burnham Road in Limerick, Maine, Woodland Valley is the premier disc golfer’s destination in New England.
Play 10 games (2 count per day) and every 11th game is free!
How to Redeem
Mention Activity Maine
The Activity Maine Newsletter–weekly adventure ideas emailed so you never wonder what to do again!
February 12 - February 14
February 18 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm