Endless Adventures in March!
March in Maine–not quite Winter, not quite Spring– leaves Mainers with a perfect overlap of outdoor activities to get involved in. There is of course still time for all of you adventure-seeking Mainers to spend time skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, and dog sledding, and all with plenty of daylight. Some of the things we at Activity Maine love about March are festivals, races, longer days, and off season prices.
Here are some of our favorite places to go this time of year:
- Titcomb Mountain in Farmington, known as the “friendliest mountain around”, offers 16 alpine trails, as well as beautiful nordic cross country trails, for all skill levels. You can expect a fun and an affordable trip to Titcomb Mountain whether you’re a beginner or expert on the slopes. Upcoming events: Saturday, March 9 – Downhill Dummy – feel free to make your dummy to enter in this fun competition; Sunday, March 10 – The Old Gheezer Cup – a fun race for anyone, young or old, take your turn in the famous Otterslide gates
- Bethel Chamber is your source for a Maine vacation in the western mountains. You’ll find great deals on lodging, shopping, restaurants, skiing, and more. The Western Maine Fly Fishing Expo on Saturday, March 23 at the Bethel Inn Resort Conference Center exhibits guides, sporting camps, wildlife artists, gear manufacturers and retailers, learn-to seminars, door prizes, and an evening film festival.
- Jackman Snowmobiling – The Jackman area offer some of the best snowmobiling opportunities in the Northeast. Known as the Switzerland of Maine, Jackman offers an extensive well groomed and maintained trail system that you can access from most lodging facilities in the area.
- Mahoosuc Guide Service in Newry is a small family run business with over 20 years of experience, offering dogsledding, canoeing, and Northern Native culture trips. Their philosophy is to respect and accept the wilderness, not compete against it. With native guides and traditional equipment, Mahoosuc Guide Service offers a unique wilderness experience for all levels of experience.
- Quimby House Inn in Bar Harbor offers quaint rooms at affordable rates. A downeast getaway with a spa package and no crowds might be just what you need this month.
We hope that you embrace the endless opportunities Maine provides both in March and in months to follow. A big thank you goes out to all of our loyal readers and advertisers!