- This event has passed.
Kick Out Mesothelioma – Live Event
November 8 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am EST$24.00
Kick Out Mesothelioma 5-Miler & 2.5 Mile Walk In Memory of John W. Griffin (1941-2003)
THIS IS A LIVE EVENT
This year’s Kick Out Mesothelioma 5-Miler & 2.5 Mile Walk will take place Sunday, Nov. 8 at 10:00 AM ET in Portland, Maine. Organized by Tony Myatt, this annual Fundraise for Meso raises funds for mesothelioma research in memory of John W. Griffin, a pipefitter, Navy veteran, and City Councilor who passed away in 2003 after a 1-month diagnosis of mesothelioma.
Covid-19 Safety Precautions for Runners and Walkers
- For both in-person events, masks are required when picking up packets and before the event begins.
- Packet pickups will be staggered and early options will be offered to avoid large numbers of people picking up at the same time, lines, etc.
- For families, it is requested that one representative pick up all packets and distribute to their family members.
- Bottled water will be included in the packet so there will not be water at the finish area where people would traditionally be touching multiple bottles with their hands.
- Limit of 100 people (50 for the walk, 50 for the run).
- If you have an underlying respiratory or medical condition, we recommend you do not participate in the event or participate in solidarity once you have picked up your packet and possibly on your own time.
- Sunday, Nov. 8, 2020
- 5-miler starts at 10:00 AM ET
- Start at Cutter Street & Eastern Promenade
- Finish at Sewage Treatment Plant Rd & Marginal Way
- 2.5-mile walk starts on arrival
- Start & finish at Sewage Treatment Plant Rd, Bayside Trail Entrance.
- Packet pickup at Fleet Feet Maine Running – 309 Marginal Way Portland, Maine
- Registration is $24 through Saturday, Nov. 7; $29 on race day
- Cash prizes for top overall male and female.
- Awards age groups.
More information about this fundraiser, please visit the registration website.